Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Failure -> I am OUT!!!

Today is just not my day. I heard from Deloitte, one of the largest public accounting firms in United States, this morning for my job application that I've been interviewed. I was told that they are not going to be moving forward for my candidacy. I felt sad and so disappointed. I've been well-prepared and performed well in my second interview, however, I still got beaten up by other candidates. I was proud to be in second interview, but just feel like lost in sudden...

Miracle did not happen, I AM OUT!!! I have to face the fact that there are tons of people out there that are stronger than me!!!!

I've been praying for miracle to happen, but obviously it did not happen. A sentence from the email saying that "There were other candidates that stronger than you..." this sentence was hurting me for awhile. But in fact, that's true. I just felt like maybe I am not strong enough to compete with other candidates. I was motivated by that sentence and decided to work harder to make it happen. As I always believe that "A failure is just a stepping stone for the success". I will not give up so easily, failure just make people stronger and be more aggressive. Keep on going~~ Darren Lee!!!!

I was too emotional and easily get upset, especially for failures, but sadness will not last long to me. Economy is down, everyone is panic, and the consumer spending is WAY down and will likely be kept down for awhile. Michigan has been in a recession which is fast becoming a depression with more huge cuts coming in the auto sector. People have lost their job and lead the unemployment rate up to 7.1% years high. For fresh college graduates, it's a nightmare!! In nowadays economy, I am not only have to compete with fresh college graduates but with people who have lost their jobs and willing to accept anything to make some money.

What is my next move? I've been thinking about my future plan for years. Luckily, I have a job to cover my living expenses and saving for my master tuition. i think I really have to think about what is my next move... plan... plan... plan...

My Bachelor's commencement will be held on December 14, Sunday at Eastern Michigan University. I am pleased that my cousins from New York will be visiting my Bachelor's commencement. Thank you.

Just a brief updates. Thanks uncle George for all the invaluable advices. I will not give up so easily, my positive thinking will getting me through here as well as my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment