Thursday, March 4, 2010

03/03/2010, Wednesday -Birthday blog entry-

On March 3rd, Wednesday(3), a great combination, I officially turned 27 years old! I can't even believe I am getting closer to 30. It seems like yesterday when I was dying to be 18 or 21 years old to do the "cool things" :-) Kind of hard to believe it's true...

Unlike others, I do not usually celebrate for my birthday, even when I was kid. One thing that I love when it's your birthday is the birthday greetings from friends and family. Thanks to y'all for the birthday wishes. I am so thankful and know that I am incredibly blessed to have y'all in my life.

This is my 5th birthday away from home, it reminds me lot of things. It always reminds me that I've passed many times in my life, things that I've done, experiences that I've gone through, failures, accomplishments... It also reminds me that I started out with penny, and to what I have now. I am thankful things are considered good now, but I hope even better things are coming, and end up with jars full.

Life is short, we always race with time and figure out how much you've accomplished. People always say, men appreciate in value as they age, as they are judged by their perceived level of success. I always wonder how much I've accomplished over these year, and at what level of success. It seems like I did not develop much as at my age when compare with others. So, when you grow up, so many things you have to start worry about, career, family, etc...

So, turned 27 years old, what is the plan? Er, to be honest with you, my plans are pretty similar to my last year plan, as I am still working on it instead set a new resolution. What I really hope is even better things are coming...

Thanks to Papadopoulos's family for the birthday wishes. Thanks Lee for preparing me dinner and cake. It was sweet and warm. Here are the pics at home:

Sophia with cake

A small cake from Papadopoulos's family. Eat healthy is one of our resolutions in 2010, that's why we got small cake :-)
Thanks Willy for the treat. We went Pegasus Taverna, a Greek restaurant @ Detroit, MI for birthday dinner.

Baklava dip into syrup @ Pegasus Taverna - classic Greek Pasty - Yummy!~ But a little bit too sweet~

Spesialite Pegasou - Two Lamb Chops and Three Broiled Shrimps - Yummy~ the lamb was so tender~~

Birthday cake from Hooi Sin via Multimedia Message. Thanks for her lovely birthday song too, so sweet :-)
Next post will be Indonesia Culture Night 2010 Photography. Stay tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment